MIFUMI Today debates on BBC World Service
Today the BBC World Service ‘Have your say’ is debating the issue of Bride Price in Africa covering the following areas;
• Does bride price infringe human rights or symbolize love and good faith
• If you’re a woman, does a dowry make you feel objectified or appreciated?
• Did the failure to pay a bride price stop you from getting married?
• If you’re a man, do you feel bride price is a burden?
• Should states legislate on such cultural issues?
Please visit their website
and post your comment or join the live debate on air at 7pm (East Africa Time) today Wednesday 23 September2008 by sending an SMS text to +44 77 86 20 20 08.
Don’t forget to include your name, location, and phone number.
Alternatively, facebook.com/africahys or on Twitter @bbcafricahys.
7pm East Africa is 5pm in London, 6pm in Cape Town and 11am in New York.