Many have been affected by domestic violence; either as victims or witnesses. Others have simply read about it and wondered what they can do about it.
Here are a few things you could do:
• Visit your nearest women’s rights NGO or community group and volunteer to support abused women and children either directly or at your community by helping them access available services. A lot of the organisations that help victims and survivors of abuse need assistance from the public.
• Participate in local and national women’s rights events and activities including the 16 days of activism campaign against violence against women.
• You may not be able to do much physically but you can donate to this cause in both monetary and materialistic terms. You will have made a big difference.
• SPEAK OUT against domestic violence and child abuse at any given opportunity and encourage victims, family and members of the community to challenge and report any form of abuse.
• Publicise the gravity of this problem using any available communication channel at your disposal. Write, document and share
• You can do much more than what is listed here if you want to end violence in your community.